> but the build failed (for other reasons).  I'd willing to work on
> this
> but I definitely need help since I'm lacking the needed Python
> knowledge.

Hi,

I saw your debian-python3 branch for statsmodels.

The dependencies added in the package should probably be added as
build-dependencies. and not package dependencies.

I believe python-zmq should be a binary dependency.

I was trying to build it right now but I'm getting a dependency error.

 libpython2.7-stdlib : Breaks: python-pandas-lib (<= 0.20.3-1) but
0.20.3-1 is to be installed

Should I see if I can get a python3 build working? and who should I
send any progress too?

Diane