On Sun, Nov 05, 2017 at 01:06:57PM +0100, Sébastien Villemot wrote:
> On Sun, Nov 05, 2017 at 12:26:12PM +0100, Philip Rinn wrote:

> > There are packages around outside Debian Science which
> > doesn't use r-*-<PACKAGENAME> as source package name.
>
> This is not true. Out of the 120 CRAN packages maintained by Debian Science,
> scatterplot3d is the only one whose source name does not have the "r-cran-"
> prefix. You can verify this with:
>
>  aptitude search
> '?maintainer(debian-science-maintainers@lists.alioth.debian.org)?name(r-cran-.*)'
>  -F "%p src:%e"

Sorry, I had misread your post. Indeed there are many CRAN packages which don't
have the r-cran- prefix, which are almost all maintained by Dirk Eddelbuettel;
you will note hovewever that Dirk also uses the r-cran- prefix for quite a few
of his packages, apparently those that he introduced more recently. So Dirk
himself seems to have changed his mind, though he did not bother to rename his
older packages.

--
⢀⣴⠾⠻⢶⣦⠀  Sébastien Villemot
⣾⠁⢠⠒⠀⣿⡁  Debian Developer