Control: severity -1 important

On Sun, 01 Apr 2018 20:39:56 +0200 Gert Wollny wrote:

[...]
> These two upstream bugs might also be related:
>
> https://gitlab.kitware.com/paraview/paraview/issues/17202
> https://gitlab.kitware.com/paraview/paraview/issues/16882

I think the latter (issue 16882) is especially related: it really seems
to be the issue where the new anti-aliasing feature has been discussed
and implemented.

As I said, this new feature is really appreciated, but it has the flaw
of making edges (on surfaces and in wireframe representations) look
weird with "blotted" intersections.
Once this flaw is fixed, this new anti-aliasing feature will be great!

Luckily, while reading the above-cited upstream issue, I found out that
this new anti-aliasing feature is enabled by default, but it may be
disabled. For those following this bug log, the procedure to disable
the anti-aliasing is:

 • select Settings... from the Edit menu
 • in the "Render View" tab, uncheck "Use FXAA"

Since this feature may be disabled by the user, whenever it is
considered harmful, the paraview package no longer appears to be
unusable.
I am therefore lowering the severity of this bug report.

Thanks for your help so far.

--
 http://www.inventati.org/frx/
 There's not a second to spare! To the laboratory!