On Fri, 19 Aug 2005, Albin Blaschka wrote:

Mhmm, in general I am a biologist, too, and so I would be interested in a Debian-Bio-Project in general. (but at the moment I am contracted with very very little spare-time...)

That's the problem of many interested people - or rather for biologists
the problem is not that hard because their field is just covered by Debian-Med.
:)
I would suggest to join this effort until it becomes obvious that it will
not scale any more.

From your mails I guess you are working more in a laboraty-oriented field of biology. Of which kind of work are you talking?

Analysis of gene sequences of bacteria and viruses as well as gene sequences
to identify diseases.  Yes it is more or less laboraty-oriented and the
software inside Debian covers this field.

So what would be interesting, would be at least a list of packages and a little brainstorming what can be possible (wiki?).

Having a list of other packages would be interesting.

Any one interested? Critics? Comments? I know it is a little vague...

If you know it is vague, perhaps posting to this list a short summary
of packages which are in your mind.

Kind regards

        Andreas.

--