On Fri, 23 Dec 2005, Dirk Eddelbuettel wrote:

On 23 December 2005 at 21:20, Kevin McCarty wrote:
| > Meta comment: Anybody thought about starting a Debian-Physics Custom
| > Debian Distribution? ( http://people.debian.org/~tille/cdd/ )
|
| Isn't that basically what Quantian is?  Or is the focus of Quantian

Sort of, yes.

Sorry, sort of know, IMHO.  If I'm not completely missleaded Quantian
is a live CD project.  While absolutely valuable just a live CD makes
no Custom Debian Distribution (please read the definition given under
the link above).  A live CD can be a part of such a project anyway so
it is rather that Quantian might be one basic part of a CDD to be
builded.

And b), Andreas' concept of CDD is also narrower in the sense that it closer
to Debian and more directly derived from Debian.  My Quantian is more of an
unofficial red-haired child from the larger Debian/Knoppix family that
doesn't make it into all the official lists. On the other hand it actually
exists and works :)

Yes - and this is a very important fact! ;-)

Have a nice Christmas

            Andreas.

--
Wenn durch das Land die Grippe saust, es meiner ganzen Sippe graust.

http://fam-tille.de