On Mon, 15 Oct 2007, Petter Reinholdtsen wrote:

I guess so.  But it is only a wrapper round debian-live, so I am not
sure if it make sense.

This kind of wrappers are the most educational things to learn about
things you always wanted to learn but did not found the time to do so.

There are two interesting pieces in it:

    # Build script for Debian Gis Live CD.
    # Based on build script for Debian Edu live CD.

I don't think that it would be very clever to have code like

    # Build script for Debian Science Live CD.
    # Based on build script for Debian Med Live CD.
    # Based on build script for Debian Gis Live CD.
    # Based on build script for Debian Edu live CD.

hanging around.

The other interesting thing is

cat <<EOF
# Boot progress bar
usplash
usplash-theme-debian
# Get the graphical environment
xorg
xserver-xorg
# and a desktop with menues
kde-core
menu
menu-xdg
kdm
# Get some development tools
cvs
cvsutils
cvs2cl
subversion
subversion-tools
bzr
bzrtools
less
# Include tool to make it easier to trim the live CD
deborphan
EOF

which seems to be some further selection of packages that should be
handled as kind of a configuration option for building the live CD -
perhaps besides some preferences of KDE or Gnome.

I hope to find the time to test these things soon and make a (hopefully)
reasonable suggestion for a wrapper around live-helper - or just find
out that live-helper is so brain dead easy that no such general wrapper
is needed.

Kind regards

      Andreas.

PS: BTW, id deborphan really needed? I thought aptitude would be superior?

--
http://fam-tille.de