On Sun, 14 Dec 2008, Chris Walker wrote:

A significant number of packages, including pdl, also lack a homepage
field. I have been holding off filing these bugs until lenny is
released (but maybe I should file them now).

Same thing wis Homepage field: When I started with the tasks pages I
noticed that several packages in Debian Med were lacking this field
(or were hiding it in the long description).  We nearly solved this
problem (wis very vew exceptions) in Debian Med.  But it is not only
about the Homepage field.  The fact that is not properly set is a
good signal that this package most probably has other problems as well.
It means that it was not touched for a long time (and if it was it
was not done with much love).  So I decided to *not* parse the long
description for potential Homepage links (which would be quite cheap
by doing some regexp magic) - it would just hide the potential problems
the package has.  By tracking down the list of packages with no
Homepage field set we were able to put at least five unmaintained
packages under group maintenance with now up to date upstream versions,
proper watch files etc.

So please go for it *now* to be able to finish the work for Lenny+1.
There is no need to stop filing wishlist bug reports because we are
approaching deep freeze.

Kind regards

       Andreas.

--