Hello Andrea,

On Wed, 2011-12-14 at 20:50 +0000, Andrea Palazzi wrote:

>         However, the package builds but the executable has a big
>         problems when reading MED files (containing mesh data and
>         results). I'm almost sure that this comes from the use of the
>         flag _MED_USE_SHORT_INT - as a reminder, the process of CA
>         installation from the EDF package builds also the libraries,
>         all with 64bit integers by default ( -fdefault-double-8
>         -fdefault-integer-8 -fdefault-real-8 ).
>

>         About this problem, I was wondering if it would be possible to
>         build a "libmed64" package beside the ones already built, so
>         that we can use that for CA and solve the problem; other
>         advantages of this approach would be of less effort from
>         upstream and a wider user base to use this configuration - I
>         think I'm the only one using _MED_USE_SHORT_INT.
>

>         Could this be done somehow?
> Nobody on this topic? The maintainer of libmed?

D'oh!  I guess that's me and Aurelien Jarno, the only two who have
uploaded.

This might require building twice for the normal and libmed64 versions,
which will change debian/rules quite a bit.

I have a bunch of other stuff to do around the mpi-defaults transition
and might not get to this for a week or two, would you (or anyone else)
be willing to investigate a patch?

-Adam

Engineering consulting with open source tools
http://www.opennovation.com/