> i seem to have successfully built trilinos-11.14.2

Nice! Does this work for 12.2.1 as well?

> the shared library obj-x86_64-linux-gnu/packages/
ThreadPool/src/libtrilinos_tpi.so.11, does not belong to any package, but
> others link to it (according to dh_shlibdeps).

I had removed a bunch of libraries which are no longer actively developed
within the Trilinos framework (e.g., CTrilinos, TPI etc.),
```
   -DTrilinos_ENABLE_ThreadPool:BOOL=OFF
```
It would almost be a disservice to the community if we shipped those I
think. I do not understand how any packages still depend on ThreadPool
though.

--Nico