On 12/06/17 10:11, Drew Parsons wrote:
On Mon, 2017-06-12 at 09:38 +0100, Ghislain Vaillant wrote:
On 12/06/17 09:03, Drew Parsons wrote:
On Mon, 2017-06-12 at 15:55 +0800, Drew Parsons wrote:
Hi Graham, once stretch is clear I want to push the new version
of
MUMPS to unstable.  Just letting you know and Debian Science know
in
case we need to worry about trilinos during the transition.

In this toolchain, SCOTCH is also due for upgrade.  Any takers?

I reckon having a look at scotch back when I packaged pyfr (which
could
use either metis or scotch for graph partitioning), but cannot
remember
why I did not submit an update in the end.

Thanks Ghislain, that'd be great if you can take on scotch.

Please keep in mind that I cannot commit to a super speedy ETA with the
holidays coming :-)

I'll give it another go. Do we agree that we only want to support
the
latest version (6.0.4) from Buster onwards, and drop the 5.x series
currently in the archive?

That's sensible I think.  I don't think there's much to be gained by
keeping the older version around. Scotch's clients (PETSc, FENiCS, etc,
not sure about trilinos) are well maintained upstream so they should
have no trouble building against the new scotch.

Ok. Just to be clear on the plan. Christophe is in the process of
sending his work on 6.0.4 to me. I'll make sure the update is good
policy-wise, push to the packaging repository, and submit to
experimental (or unstable?).

Cheers,
Ghis