Alastair McKinstry <mckins...@debian.org> writes:

> There have been a number of lockup issues with openmpi recently,
> including thread lockups in underlying pmix libs.
>
> There is a new 3.1.2rc2 release that I'm testing. Can you give a
> reproducible test case for me to test against, as I think this release
> may have the necessary fix.

That is great info. Thanks. Currently sundials FTBFS on some
architectures because of this issue. Some tests that use MPI hang, and
the tests time out. At least armel is affected, and I've been using the
abel.debian.org porterbox to experiment with it. 100% reproducible
there. Info:

  https://buildd.debian.org/status/package.php?p=sundials

Thanks much