On Wed, 06 Feb 2019, Ole Streicher wrote:

> Yaroslav Halchenko <deb...@onerussian.com> writes:

> >> I didn't yet. I just tried to update the packaging to 0.24, which
> >> however has a number of test failures, which would need to be discussed
> >> with upstream first.

> > if not sever - I guess could be patched to be skipped for now and then
> > patches picked up to address them?  or it was too many/too deep?

> If you want: please do it as you like. My own workflow is to first
> discuss all failures with upstream, especially when I can't estimate
> the impact - sometimes it may be even fault of the package. There were

it is the same approach I am taking usually

> about ten failures, which makes this already quite an effort. Especially
> since I did not work closely with upstream so far (so I don't know them
> well, and they don't know me) -- this communication should IMO be done
> by the regular maintainer. And, as I wrote, the package rules are a bit
> complicated, so I don't want to touch them before they are simplified
> (which would add more efforts on top of that). Bringing the other stuff
> to gbp standards (pristine-tar etc.) even more.

I have been using gbp for it for long time, and there is debian/gbp.conf
with all needed settings. pristine-tar is just an option, and I kept
burning myself with it too often to rely on it, original author (Joey
Hess) even recommended abandoning it at some point in the past.

> And it also does not solve the problem that updating can introduce
> regressions in reverse dependencies, which is not the best thing we can
> do just before freeze. But finally you are the maintainer, if you think
> that updating is the way to go, just do it ;-)

Is there any other commit you would like to push on top of your recent
721fcf98d4b79d146a92a8d8def8dee1daecb4c0
?
--
Yaroslav O. Halchenko
Center for Open Neuroscience     http://centerforopenneuroscience.org