Dear Debian Science maintainers,
I took in charge the RFP for zarr [1] opened by  Ghislain (in CC).

Zarr is a Python package providing an implementation of chunked,
compressed, N-dimensional arrays.

Zarr depends on numcodecs and asciitree which also have ITP issues [2,3].

Please note that the ITP issue for asciitree [3] is currently assigned
to Dominik in CC to this email. Please Dominik let me know you have
different plans for asciitree.

Zarr is also a new backend for python-xarray which is maintained in
Debian Science and also it is a new dependency for satpy [5] which is
maintained in Debian Gis.

I would like to maintain this packages under Debian Science so I'm
looking for a sponsor and also a DD that can create repositories on salsa.

All the 3 packages have been also uploaded to mentors.d.net [6,7,8] in
case someone wants to give them a try.

[1] https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=888481
[2] https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=888482
[3] https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=904443