Hi Alastair,

On Wed, May 20, 2020 at 01:39:43PM +0100, Alastair McKinstry wrote:
> I'd be in favour of 64-bit computational stacks; some of the packages
> (pnetcdf, etc) already don't work with 32-bit; It should make is
> _possible_ to run on 32-bit,
>
> but accept that performance on 64-bit counts for our users. Taking a
> perf hit on 32-bit archs to make 64-bit archs faster is reasonable;
>
> the question becomes - can 32-bit archs handle 64-bit code (int64 etc),
> or are we dropping support for 32-bit archs ?

We didn't enable BLAS64/LAPACK64 on any 32-bit architecture, which means
blas/lapack reverse depenencies cannot link against blas64/lapack64 on
32-bit archs. Personally I think it's pointless to get them working on
32-bit archs.

That said, I'm open to this problem -- if someone can get
blas64/lapack64 working on 32-bit archs, we may give it a shot.