Dear all

I was playing around with a possible iminuit package before the ITP (#968075). Is anyone interested in sponsoring this and uploading within the team? I put it in git on salsa. This is my 2nd package, so sorry for silly mistakes.

 * Package name    : iminuit
   Version         : 1.4.9
   Upstream Author : Piti Ongmongkolkul (unknown email...)
 * URL             : https://github.com/scikit-hep/iminuit
 * License         : MIT (Expat)
 * Vcs             : https://salsa.debian.org/science-team/iminuit
   Section         : science

It builds those binary packages:

  python3-iminuit - python library

It builds ok within the CI on salsa and runs some tests. There are a couple of minor (at least to me) lintian issues:

I: python3-iminuit: spelling-error-in-binary usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/iminuit/_libiminuit.cpython-38-x86_64-linux-gnu.so overal overall I: python3-iminuit: spelling-error-in-binary usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/iminuit/_libiminuit.cpython-38-x86_64-linux-gnu.so syncronization synchronization

The first one looks intentional from the context (see "underal" in source). The second is a small typo, but is it worth deviating from upstream?

The other issue is what to do with the jupyter tutorial, which makes up a fairly large chunk of the package. I put it in examples (is docs better?), but it could be dropped from the package or split (into arch all). It didn't seem to make sense to me to split given the overall size, but experienced people may know better.

The package does have some optional functionality using matplotlib, so perhaps it should have a suggests on python3-matplotlib.

Thanks in advance!

Jeremy