Hi Nilesh and Andreas,

> I did not see any according commits in Git.

Sorry I meant I made progress on diagnosing the issues as described in
my email, but did not make any corresponding changes (not sure how
these are best dealt with in Debian).

> Eric, does adding a manual symlink for the minified file to the assets/
> directory work for you?

Yes, this also solves the problem: ln -s
/usr/share/nodejs/shiny-server-client
/usr/lib/shiny-server/node_modules. Note that I figured this out by
looking at my shiny server installed the typical way on another system
and this is where all the node modules are located. I'm not sure why
only this one needs to be linked there, but maybe it's something to do
with how we install node-shiny-server compared to other node modules?

> Could you maybe push your project somewhere for us to test?
> Also could you describe a little more on what isn't working as expected for
> your second project?

Yes, it should be straightforward to test. Here are the steps for my 2
examples, once shiny-server is installed:

Example 1 (appears to fully work):
1. In R, install dependencies: install.packages(c("covidprobability",
"shinyjs"))
2. Save app.R
(https://raw.githubusercontent.com/eebrown/covidprobability_shiny/main/app.R)
to /srv/shiny-server/covid
3. Run app by going to http://localhost:3838/covid
4. Compare to expected behaviour at http://covid.eebc.ca

Example 2 (does not work properly):
1. In R, install dependencies: install.packages(c("chlorpromazineR", "shinyjs"))
2. Save app.R
(https://raw.githubusercontent.com/eebrown/chlorpromazineR_shiny/main/app.R)
to /srv/shiny-server/ap
3. Run app by going to http://localhost:3838/ap
4. Compare to expected behaviour at http://ap.eebc.ca

In example 2, the final drop down menu doesn't work at all (no
default, no options) and it is not clear why. It works locally and on
my server. I don't see any illustrative errors in the browser console
or the app log. This is why I was wondering about it being due to an
older version of either shiny-server or shiny-server-client.

> I will try to update the package and see. If it's not too much work, I'll
> push an update.

Great thanks, and I'd be happy to test again.

> Yep, I re-pinged the maintainer to get that in :)

Thank you!

I'm also hoping to try to build and test in ARM. I think having
shiny-server in ARM, for e.g. hosting on a Raspberry pi, would be
hugely valuable, as there is currently no straightforward way for
users but for many use cases it could be ideal.

Best,
Eric

--
Eric Brown MD MSc FRCPC
For encryption, OpenPGP public key available on request.