Hi François,

thanks for working on this!

Yes, those bugs are filed against packages, depending on vtk6 and vtk7.
I would firstly recommend finding out, whether the package has a newer
version and maybe vtk9 support is provided. If not - it makes sense to contact
upstream about migration to vtk9, and only if upstream is dead or not
quite active, does it make sense to dive into the code and fix it.

Progress on fixing those bugs can be monitored here [1]/

[1]
https://udd.debian.org/cgi-bin/bts-usertags.cgi?user=gladk%40debian.org&tag=vtk6_vtk7_removal

Anton