Hi Graham,

Am Thu, Feb 02, 2023 at 08:40:23PM +0200 schrieb Graham Inggs:
> On Thu, 2 Feb 2023 at 17:18, Andreas Tille <andr...@fam-tille.de> wrote:
> > It seems to me that build time tests are working and the failure is
> > just in autopkgtest.  I'm drawing this conclusion from your latest
> > push to Salsa where amd64 and i386 were building successfully
> > I know that's cheating but there is no time for fiddling around here
> > any more. We are running the same test as at build-time where it is
> > passing so we can assume that numba works.
>
> The build time tests are probably only passing because of a similar
> "cheat" [1] committed in 2017.

Good catch!

I confirm that the log also shows some errors in the dh_auto_test part
of the log I created locally.

I admit I don't know what might be a good solution.  Building to check
for failing tests takes ages on some decent hardware.  Salsa CI has
trouble to build it reliably.

I have no idea whether numba should be considered a case for "if
Python3.11 does not work we should revert and release with Python3.10".
I do not see any real chance to fix all issues in numba right in time
for the freeze.

Kind regards
   Andreas.

--