On Mon, Nov 13, 2023 at 09:44:44PM +0100, Andreas Tille wrote:
> I admit my intention is to fix the bug inside the package not spending
> my time on fixing the repository.  Any volunteer to make the commit more
> granularly?  (Please no hints what I could do - just fixing the
> repository would be really welcome.)

Hi Andreas,

I have pushed updates to the upstream/latest and debian/latest branches
and `gbp buildpackage` is working for me now, including starting from a
completely clean clone of the repo.  After you fetch and pull both
branches, I think it should work for you too.

Hints below.  Feel free to stop reading here... :)

In case anyone is curious, the two most recent upstream/$foo tags were
present in the repo, but hadn't been merged to upstream/latest for some
reason.  The following commands were used to get upstream/latest up to
date with the current upstream release:

```
git checkout upstream/latest
git merge upstream/2023.09.0
git merge upstream/2023.10.1
```

On the debian/latest branch, I updated debian/gbp.conf in order to make
maintenance easier going forward:

(1) update debian-branch to refer to debian/latest
(2) set pristine-tar = False, that branch isn't kept up to date

```
git checkout debian/latest
# make changes described above and verify the build

git push origin debian/latest
git push origin upstream/latest
```

Cheers,