> At the same time, though, I think we need to take immediate action.
> Among the first steps would be the analysis of the status quo. I am
> going through the list of CVEs right now. There are *loads*. And
> I could need help. I'll ping out to joeyh to see if we could put his
> scripts for testing-security to any use.

Ah, thanks to the testing-security team:

  http://newraff.debian.org/~joeyh/demo.html

This list is about testing, but joeyh is adding
  http://newraff.debian.org/~joeyh/stable-security.html
right now.

Anyway, note that the situation seems to be under control already
and an announcement is under preparation. Therefore I apologise for
coming across a little hectical in my post.

 .''`.     martin f. krafft <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
: :'  :    proud Debian developer and author: http://debianbook.info
`. `'`

"when faced with a new problem, the wise algorithmist
 will first attempt to classify it as np-complete.
 this will avoid many tears and tantrums as
 algorithm after algorithm fails."
                                                          -- g. niruta