Hi!

When I recently read about problems with verifying the PGP signature of
DSAs, I realized that for most DSAs mutt does not automatically check
the signature.

Comparing the DSAs and reading how mutt recognizes a PGP signed message,
I found that only some DSAs from Martin Schulze have a Content-Type as mutt
wants it:

Newer ones from him and all others have this:

Mutt *can* varify these, but only when told with (default) ESC P. And
this does not change the message, mutt will loose the info when it
leaves the mailbox.

I'm wondering if there is a *technical* reason for not using
application/pgp in DSAs. If there isn't, I would like to ask the
security group to use that in order to make MUAs like mutt verify their
signatures automatically.

Yes, I know about the procmail hack. And I will set it up now. But for
the sake of people like me before I started to investigate this, I still
wanted to ask this question.

Thank you for your patience,
Lupe Christoph
--
| [EMAIL PROTECTED]       |           http://www.lupe-christoph.de/ |
| "Violence is the resort of the violent" Lu Tze                         |