On Mon, Apr 19, 2004 at 09:32:47AM -0700, Matt Zimmerman wrote:
> On Mon, Apr 19, 2004 at 06:08:51PM +0200, Jan Minar wrote:
>
> > On Sun, Apr 18, 2004 at 11:58:21AM -0700, Matt Zimmerman wrote:
> > > untrusted source.  This is a fundamental Unix feature (or flaw).  Terminal
> > > control sequences may be contained in the data.
> >
> > I've read this [1]analysis by by H D Moore.  No matter how convenient
> > the escape sequences that allow injecting of arbitrary data as-if typed
> > by the user might be, they should go, and they should go now.
>
> Yes, I agree.  Patches and bug reports, where appropriate, are welcome.
> These are the real bugs, not Apache's.

Come on, Matt:  Virtually all terminal emulators are vulnerable, and the
vulnerability is a common knowledge.  The abovementioned paper was on
Bugtraq 2003-02-24 21:02:52...  Is the Security Team going to do
something about it themselves (filing RC bugs at least)?

Jan.

--
Q: To prece nejde nekoho zastrelit jen tak. Kazdy ma sva nezadatelna lidska
   prava, i ten zlocinec.  Bylo fakt nutne strilet?