Yes, I also think it is a pretty shame that we can not download the
sha256/512sums
from a sever secured by https + DNSSEC/DANE. At least the master mirror
cdimage.debian.org needs to provide a secure connection for downloading
checksums and the *.jigdo and *.template files. Moreover I would appreciate the
jigdo program to work with https + evtl. dnssec as well because http is
inherently
untrusted and thus insecure. Finally jigdo itself would need to be uploaded to
the
master mirror as we should not execute any program without inspection from a
source which is not secured (would imply that the source is also trusted).

If we have https + DNSSEC for lists.debian.org and debian.org why not also for
cdimage.debian.org?

Elmar