Here's some relevant information by Vincent, who probably forgot to
CC: debian-sparc :-).

Jurij Smakov                                        [EMAIL PROTECTED]

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Wed, 20 Apr 2005 17:00:09 +0200
From: Vincent Pelletier <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: Lots of kernel problems with U30

Jurij Smakov wrote:
2.6.8-2 : Keyboard problems

This is well known problem, I believe. While 2.4 kernels required a special sparc keymap, 2.6 expects the same keymap on all architectures. AFAIK, you can look at the config files in /etc/console or use dpkg-reconfigure console-tools to select the i386 keymap (note that I have never done it myself).

mv boottime.kmap.gz boottime.old.kmap.gz works too. The dpkg-reconfigure way of doing that is selecting "keep kernel keymap" iirc. Note that you'll need a remote access to do that - or a huge amount of time, trying key by key to see what does what.

Vincent Pelletier

-- To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to [EMAIL PROTECTED] with a subject of "unsubscribe". Trouble? Contact [EMAIL PROTECTED]