On Mon, Nov 23, 2009 at 07:33:46PM +0100, Josip Rodin wrote:
> Do we have any recorded success reports for V480 at all? It's missing from

Yes, here debian lenny is running with the 2.6.26 kernel almost fine.

Installation is most probably not working, this machine got a cloned
etch harddrive from a Sunfire 880 wich was in turn also installed with
some hacks I forgot meanwhile.

The cassini network driver is crashing the kernel (that was my initial contact
with davem), probably because of some smp issues, so the two buildin
copper network interfaces are useless at the moment.

Oh, and the now installed gigabit sungem fibre serdes card needs a hacked
driver for working (patches have been posted on sparclinux).

> prtconfs.git. My colleagues told me they tried to boot one a few months ago,
> to no avail, with 2.6.18 and 2.6.30. I could give it another shot if
> there's a real interest.

Fixing the cassini driver and the kernels >=2.6.27 would be of interrest
at last for us here.

Thanks,
  Hermann

--
Netzwerkadministration/Zentrale Dienste, Interdiziplinaeres
Zentrum fuer wissenschaftliches Rechnen der Universitaet Heidelberg