I installed squeeze on an Ultra 10. My disks run on a SCSI controller PCI
card, but the CD-ROM was still IDE. I didn't have any I/O errors with
that...but then again, the amount of I/O might have been insignificant
compared to a full IDE disk-based system (did a net install after booting
from the CD)...are the IDE errors only for the HDD or for both CD and HDD?

Patrick