On 18/05/16 11:32, Adrian Davey wrote:

> package openbios-sparc adds
> /usr/share/openbios/QEMU,tcx.bin
> /usr/share/openbios/openbios-sparc32
> /usr/share/openbios/openbios-sparc64
>
> it could be that qemu is not looking at the correct location, I see only
> symlinks from /usr/share/qemu/ to /usr/share/openbios for sparc32/64 files.

Yeah, that's definitely missing /usr/share/openbios/QEMU,cgthree.bin
which will be invoked with -vga cg3.

David: you can try removing -vga cg3 and see if can get the framebuffer
to initialise; even if the OS can't use the default TCX framebuffer you
should at least see the yellow OpenBIOS console instead of a black
screen (and confirms that it is the missing QEMU,cgthree.bin ROM which
is the problem).

Given that I've been building QEMU release from git master for years now
and a local test just now works fine, I can't help thinking that this is
related to the Debian packages...

ATB,

Mark.