Hello,

On Wed, Dec 12, 2018 at 05:14:03PM +0100, Uwe Kleine-König wrote:
>       [ 1057.771583] random: crng init done
>       [ 1057.774739] random: 7 urandom warning(s) missed due to ratelimiting
>
> I'm not aware the machine has a random number generator, so the solutions
> presented here up to now don't help me.

For the record: After just powering on the machine and waiting for the
crng to be initialized I once saw the "crng init done" only after 1h40.

I now installed haveged and now the time is down to

        [   27.490557] random: crng init done

which is at least bearable.

> I think the idea to mention this in the release notes for buster is a
> good one (unless a solution is found until then of course).

Maybe openssh should recommend haveged?

Best regards
Uwe