On Thu, Mar 15, 2007 at 08:13:31AM +0100, Alessandro FAGLIA wrote:
> >The problem comes from thunderbird which MUST send only ASCII characters
> >in headers!
[...]
> This is the header section of the quarantined mail.

Yes, and there is the fault -- Subject is a structured Header,
so non ASCII character "é" causes content filter to quarantine the
message as SPAM -- as all spammers are stupid and send messages
with that kind of characters (except if their spams are in English :)
[...]
> Subject: Accusé de réception (affiché) -  Re:
[...]

> It's hard for me to believe that this is a fault of Thunderbird. If so,
> all french users who are using Thunderbird as MUA and Amavis as content
> filter (on Debian or whatever) are experiencing the same problem.
> Can anybody confirm that this is true?

I'll test thunderbird tomorrow on that (uses Mutt at home).

--
Thomas Harding

--
Lisez la FAQ de la liste avant de poser une question :
http://wiki.debian.net/?DebianFrench