Quoting Helio Loureiro (2019-06-27 10:50:54)
> As much as I love free software, I also need to consider how to make
> things more active.
>
> We can have IRC, Matrix, Mastodon, Diaspora, etc.  But the last two
> Debian meetups I hosted nobody from this mailing list showed up.  So
> we are talking about an empty audience.  And worse: during the events,
> nobody was using Debian in their laptops (me included).

If the kind of meetings you host are ones where non-Debian-users attend,
then perhaps it makes better sense to call them something else than
"Debian meetups".

> And everything is definitely mobile nowadays.  Telegram isn't an
> attempt to hijack this mailing list or any other communication media,
> but to increase the possibilities.  Even for newcomers.

Mobile is definitely a thing nowadays, but certainly not the only one.

Nice that you mention here that other user channels exist.

> BTW I use the free software client named "plus" to access Telegram.

Nice.  Even nicer if free software with a homepage and usable on
mainline linux - and if not already packaged in Debian then had an RFP
or ITP bureport filed - see http://www.debian.org/devel/wnpp/#l1

Good luck with that Telegram channel,

 - Jonas

Till