> I choose to run shutdown by itself because I had to assure that the last
> action on master is to shut down the ups. Instead I should probably follow
> the genpower approach and supply a small program that does this from the
> command line.

I worked with Miquel about this when building the genpower package.  Now,
this is done as the final action of "halt"...

  callandor:~> tail /etc/init.d/halt

  mount -n -o remount,ro /

  # See if we need to cut the power.
  if [ -x /etc/init.d/ups-monitor ]
  then
          /etc/init.d/ups-monitor poweroff
  fi

  halt -d -f

Any UPS monitoring package should provide the virtual package "ups-monitor"
and provide an /etc/init.d/ups-monitor script.  Genpower just has this
as a link to the genpower script in init.d.

> Apart from this, apcd is ready as a debian package but I didn't find the
> time to upload it, feed the changes back to the upstream maintainer, etc.
>
> Whoever wants this package, drop me an email.

If nobody else wants it, I'll take it. (but only if nobody else wants it --
I'm pretty swamped)

                                          Brian
                                 ( [EMAIL PROTECTED] )