Looking at debian-faq, I see that it seems to be possible to set
aside a section of disk under /usr/local for unpacking deb
packages.  Is this feasible?  I have RH 5.0 working well and don't
want to ditch it, but I should like to experiment with debian as
well.

What I am really asking is, whether a hybrid system is either
possible or desirable.  Has anyone set up such a system and does it
work well?

Anthony

--
Anthony Campbell                                Using Linux - Windows-free zone
[EMAIL PROTECTED]