On Thu, 13 Aug 1998, Hank Fay wrote:

> Well.... nothing seems to get rid of the little critters except shutdown.  I
> had to switch to another VC this time, because something unknown was going
> on in the first one.  It seems to be getting stuck in a different video
> mode.

Well you could also try typing

setfont default8x16

This is the only thing that would sort out an old Avance card that I
have when i exitted from X to a VC. But I'm not optimistic, as my
problem affected *all* VCs.

Rather than rebooting, have you tried just killing the relevant VC
from another one?

Cheers,

--
Email:  [EMAIL PROTECTED]   Tel: +44 1908 653 739  Fax: +44 1908 655 151