*- On 20 Dec, rogalsky wrote about "how to clone a system?"
> I have to clone a system without copying it. In other words: How can I
> make a new instalation of a system using the same packages as an already
> installed system?
>
> Olaf Rogalsky

On old system issue the command:

 dpkg --get-selections > /tmp/selections

On new system do a new install until it asks you for the
'configuration' of the machine(server, workstation, etc.) and don't
select any or select the custom selection (I can't remember exactly).
Exit and copy the above selections file to the new machine. Then on the
new machine issue the comand:

  dpkg --set-selections < selections

Then run the Update and then Install part of dselect after having set up
your Access method. Or for using apt-get I think you should be able to
do:

  apt-get update
  apt-get dist-upgrade

You will of course have to configure all the packages that are
installed.

Brian Servis
Mechanical Engineering              |  Never criticize anybody until you
Purdue University                   |  have walked a mile in their shoes,
[EMAIL PROTECTED]                   |  because by that time you will be a
http://www.ecn.purdue.edu/~servis   |  mile away and have their shoes.