On 09/15/2016 09:58 AM, Joe wrote:
On Thu, 15 Sep 2016 03:50:21 -0400
Ric Moore <wayward4...@gmail.com> wrote:

On 09/14/2016 04:10 PM, Jimmy Johnson wrote:
On 09/01/2016 08:51 AM, Jimmy Johnson wrote:
The latest upgrades have broken Synaptic, unable to use Menus or
right click and Search is affected too.

Thank you upstream developing and packaging team for replacing the
effected packages. Yay!

These packages have now been upgraded in Sid, 'gir1.2-gtk-3.0,
libgtk-3-0. libgtk-3-bin. libgtk-3-common' if you have been using
testing and where effected you can temp add Sid repos and upgrade
the effected packages, it will pull in a few more packages, but it
is fixed.

Rats, that didn't work for me. I am running sid. Something upgraded
and XFCE no longer starts up after boot. I have to open a terminal
and enter startx. Using synaptic I could just start re-installing
XFCE packages. But, it be broken where the drop down menu's and right
click no longer function. Drats. Ric

Synaptic still broken on Sid for me, fully upgraded except for a few
packages which won't.

Hi Joe, why not use both testing and sid repos and get a full upgrade, both my Sid systems are full upgraded with me using both repos. Good luck!
--
Jimmy Johnson

Debian Sid - KDE Plasma 5.7.4 - AMD64 - EXT4 at sda15
Registered Linux User #380263