On Tue, Sep 20, 2016 at 03:59:05AM -0500, Richard Owlett wrote:
_B.5.3. Chainloading preconfiguration files_ says in part:
# More flexibly, this runs a shell command and if it outputs the names of
# preconfiguration files, includes those files.
#d-i preseed/include_command \
#      string if [ "`hostname`" = bob ]; then echo bob.cfg; fi

How complex can the shell command be?
Where could I find other examples?

If I'm looking in the right place AND interpreting things correctly (https://sources.debian.net/src/preseed/1.66/preseed.sh/?hl=76#L76), the preseed system runs "eval" on your string and then appends the output to the list of include files.

As this is run in /bin/sh, anything that's valid POSIX shell should work.

I have a germ of an idea. I need more data before asking too detailed questions.

--
For more information, please reread.