now I understand what might have happened.
I guess that the Nitrokey USB token wasn't even included in the
Info.plist file, and I probably had added those entries manually long
time ago, about 9 months ago. This is the only explanation I can find
for the result of the diff.

So, the maintainer might excuse the fact that I was no longer aware of
The only question then is why are the Nitrokey USB crypto sticks not
included in libbcid's Info.pList file? They showed up on the scene years

But maybe that's a question that should be directed to the package
maintainer or "upstream" directly.

Stephan Beck: