On Thu, Dec 1, 2016 at 12:01 PM, Gianluca Guidi <gmin...@googlemail.com> wrote:
> Hello,
> I would like to report a bug I experienced in sid but I have no idea about
> what package could be involved.
>
> I use Xfce, including its window manager, and Compton to add some effects.
>
> Every few seconds everything on the screen freezes except for the mouse
> pointer, which can still be moved. Clicking and typing actually works,
> however the effects of these actions are not displayed.
> The screen can be unfrozen by switching to a login console then
> switching back to X.
>
> Any idea on where to look at to find out why this happens?

1) Has it ever worked before? If it worked before but started showing
up recently, what has changed (ex:- installing new packages or adding
new hardware etc.,)?
2) Are there any errors in the xorg log file? You can get this
information by running
grep EE /var/log/Xorg.0.log

3) Please show the output of
inxi -F