On 03/19/2017 07:18 PM, Harry wrote:
> Hi,
>      I have installed Debian 8.5.0 cinnamon i386 .I like the program
> after having a lot of crashes with linux mint !
> My problem now is i can't get anything to play a video disc , Totem
> does'nt work , video player gives the message could not support
> initializing library.
> Forums  suggest uninstalling gstreamer but then i find theres  several
> in the the system , so which one or all ??
> Nothing seems to  help . I thought of updating  Debian but i can't find
> out how to do that either ! Linux mint had a simple update manager .
> Hope you can help .
>                                      Thank you , Harry
As an addendum to my previous post on this topic, the reason this
library is not included in the Debian repositories is that there are
legal issues in some jurisdictions associated with using this library.
I'm not sure exactly what the legal issues are, but it has something to
do with copyrights, not of the library, but of the videos.  So, you
might want to check on the legalities in your jurisdiction.
--
73's,
WB5VQX -- The Very Quick X-ray