On 08/01/2017 11:17 AM, Dejan Jocic wrote:
On 01-08-17, RavenLX wrote:
Having it work out-of-the-box would be nice. After a fresh install, I have a
bash script I run that installs all the apps I use and configures them.
Sometimes though, there are things that a user needs to answer. Thus, if I
want to have the script running and go do something else, I want to "beep"
when it's going to need attention by the user. I noticed this does not work
in Stretch so I ended up removing the part to install the "beep" package and
use beep to alert the user. I have tried escape codes via echo -e as well,
and no beep there either.

Does printf "\a" works for you? Though, echo -e "\a" works here too.

I just now tried it in Konsole. Nope, doesn't work.