Gene Heskett wrote:

> That, and fighting with my printer because theres no pdf of this doco,
>
> <http://opensource.rock-chips.com/wiki_Boot_option>

Hi, agreed that staged boot on non i386 machines is really fun.
At least with raspberri and the Geode thing I used PXE boot to test the
kernel itself. Perhaps its possible to do it with rock64. The advantage is
that you handle the boot from the sdcard and you can load the kernel from
the network. This way you do not have to transfer kernel each time to the
sdcard to test if it works, you need to put the bootloader only.
I don't know anything about rock64, on the raspberri it was the closest I
could get - just an old 256MB card to put the pxe loader and boot off the
network. It saved a lot of plug and unplug of sdcards.
It seems also you could put all your code to image and make it work in
memory like those guys on slax did.

regards