On Thursday 15 February 2018 17:38:45 Nicholas Geovanis wrote:

> On Thu, Feb 15, 2018 at 2:37 PM, Gene Heskett <ghesk...@shentel.net>
wrote:

> >> Hey flightless-avian -
> >> Dare you to come to Chicago and say that to my pierced, ugly old
> >> non-bearded pre-hipster face :-)
> >
> > I would not visit the gun crime capital of this country if they
> > deeded me the thing for a dollar.
>
> You are makin my day Old Man :-)
> Your Euro-buddies are now thinking:
> "Crazy Yankee: The whole COUNTRY is a gun crime capital."
> And they would be correct. Roughly 10K homicides annually.
> And the latest schoolhouse slaughterhouse unfortunately....
> But "Yeah" :-) Takes a real man to live here in Chicago :-) You
> betcha. Born and Raised :-) Women here are tough-as-hell too, the best
> in America :-)
>
> > And I'll be damned if I spend time in
> > the IL hoosegow because they don't recognize the concealed carry
> > permit I've had for going on 20 years.
>
> Eh? 60000 legally-licensed handguns in Chicago, unlimited long-arms,
> you just have
> to tell the men-in-blue when they stop you that they've been in town
> less than 3 weeks.

I don't fit in the liar mold.

> The law says they have to let you and them go and they do so.
> And concealed-carry qualifying classes on every streetcorner :-)
> FOID card for the asking in Springfield.

FOID is a what, and I'd assume its only for residents.

> This is why the Euro-lads think we're nuts in America.
> All this info is on the NRA website that you love so much OM :-)

While I have been an off & on member of the NRA, its been a long long
time since I marched to that drummer as Wayne and I don't see the
problems in the same light. He  blows membership dues with wild abandon
for starters. I am also a member of GOA.

But here's a stat you won't find in the MSM's version of the news. Where
permits are "shall", as opposed to "may", gun violence drops, not by a
piddly 1 or 2% but by 25-40%. Why? Because the perp that intends to
stick up that gas station or 7-11, has no clue if the person behind the
counter is carrying deadly force. The net result is a quite notable
reduction in gun enabled crimes. Yesterdays school shooting in FL will
have a new law passed quickly because even though the authorities were
well aware he was a ticking time bomb, the burden of proof needed to go
get him is too high, and I hope that will be addressed on a nationwide
basis now that they actually have a good example to study.

But this is seriously off topic. And I had no business bringing it up in
the first place. All I wanted to do was elbow nudge a Chicagoan, and
perhaps make him jealous that while I do have locks on the doors, they
are left unlocked quite often. I sleep just as soundly in either case.

Cheers, Gene Heskett
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)