On 2018-03-01, Daniel Bareiro <daniel-lis...@gmx.net> wrote:

> Hi all!
>
> Some time ago I started to experience some problems in KDE. In a random
> way, when I'm using any application like Firefox, Chromium or
> Thunderbird, the window starts blinking incessantly and becomes
> unusable. When that happens I have no choice but to close the
> application and reopen it.
>
> This also usually happens with minimized applications. The name starts
> blinking in the lower bar and only stops when I click on that minimized
> application. It is a somewhat annoying behavior.
>
> This did not happen to me with Debian Jessie always using the same
> hardware: a Thinkpad T530.
>
> I would like to know if anyone had this problem and was able to solve it
> in some way.

After looking briefly on the Network, searching for "KDE window
flickering," you don't appear to be alone, from which fact a
certain comfort can be derived (and help ideas too from others in the
same blinking boat).

Your problem seems "graphical" in nature.

Maybe some aid and comfort here (if your driver's "intel"):

https://bbs.archlinux.org/viewtopic.php?pid=1595276#p1595276

--
“Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.”
-Oscar Wilde