On 02/03/2018 14:03, Liam O'Toole wrote:
On 2018-03-02, Bernard <bdebr...@teaser.fr> wrote:
Hi !

You can create your own icons by drag-and-drop, copy-and-paste, or by
creating files in your ~/Desktop directory.

It works this way on my old desktop running Debian Lenny and Gnome 2.22
also on my laptop on Ubuntu 14.04..

but not on my new Debian Stretch with Gnome 3.22. Here, there is no way I can drag and drop something that will remain on the desk, nor can I copy and paste ; I can just create files in my desktop directory, where I can just have files, no app. I surely can have text files or pdf files that will launch either Libreoffice or evince... and I could possibly put there a few sim links to apps, but this is far from being quick and easy as it used to be with gnome 2