I am not sure if it is best group for this question but I am tired with
searching over numerous web pages :(
I need to buy device to scan and print which:
- can scan with sane
- can print from my debian box (strongly prefer without binary/closed
drivers, I'm not sure about hplip)
- no bigger than ~ (H x D x W) 308 mm x 363 mm x 437 mm 
- can be shared to Windows machines (with HP 1120MFP I could not do that)
 - like Brother, but I heard that they give source code for driver too?
 - hplip has a lot of bloat in his dependecies
 - sizes of my current hp 1120 MFP device
You feel a whole lot more like you do now than you did when you used to.