I just installed a new Debian 9 system on a reformatted disk in a multidisk
system. I used the Netinstall cd from Debian. Installation went ok and I am
sending this from the system. Problem is I tried to add the contrib and
non-free repos to synaptic i.e. apt sources.list  I simply copied the
sources.list file from a current working system that has no issues. The message
below is what I get when I try to run apt update:
GPG error: http://deb.debian.org/debian stretch-updates InRelease: The
following signatures couldn't be verified because the public key is not
available: NO_PUBKEY 8B48AD6246925553 NO_PUBKEY 7638D0442B90D010The repository
'http://deb.debian.org/debian stretch-updates InRelease' is not signed.Updating
from such a repository can't be done securely, and is therefore disabled by
default.See apt-secure(8) manpage for repository creation and user
configuration details.GPG error: http://security.debian.org stretch/updates
InRelease: The following signatures couldn't be verified because the public key
is not available: NO_PUBKEY 9D6D8F6BC857C906 NO_PUBKEY 8B48AD6246925553The
repository 'http://security.debian.org stretch/updates InRelease' is not
signed.Updating from such a repository can't be done securely, and is therefore
disabled by default.See apt-secure(8) manpage for repository creation and user
configuration details.GPG error: http://deb.debian.org/debian stretch Release:
The following signatures couldn't be verified because the public key is not
available: NO_PUBKEY 8B48AD6246925553 NO_PUBKEY 7638D0442B90D010 NO_PUBKEY
EF0F382A1A7B6500The repository 'http://deb.debian.org/debian stretch Release'
is not signed.Updating from such a repository can't be done securely, and is
therefore disabled by default.See apt-secure(8) manpage for repository creation
and user configuration details.GPG error: http://ftp.debian.org/debian
stretch-backports InRelease: The following signatures couldn't be verified
because the public key is not available: NO_PUBKEY 8B48AD6246925553 NO_PUBKEY
7638D0442B90D010The repository 'http://ftp.debian.org/debian stretch-backports
InRelease' is not signed.
I have used Debian for years, and dont often use this list but this is a new
issues to me and though I can find a lot of info, I have not found a solution.
i did download the current keyrings and installed them, but that did not help.
Just wondering if this is some new issue related to secure apt.ThanksJohn