On Mon, 16 Jul 2018, Joe wrote:

> Date: Mon, 16 Jul 2018 13:06:13
> From: Joe <j...@jretrading.com>
> To: debian-user@lists.debian.org
> Subject: Re: Calculator with "tapes"
>
> On Mon, 16 Jul 2018 12:57:58 -0400
> Ken Heard <kensli...@teksavvy.com> wrote:
>
> > Does Debian have a calculator package which has the equivalent of the
> > tape produced by mechanical machines to show the entire calculation.
> > I find such "tapes" essential when for example I am adding a long
> > list of numbers and need to check after the addition is done to
> > verify that all the numbers were entered correctly.
> >
> > Regards, Ken
> >

> I use a spreadsheet for this.

dc can do this if you don't mind the command line and remember your tape
in this case is called a stack.  This is important to remember since
commands exist in dc if you use them that will destroy the stack either
immediately or slowly.  There is a command in dc to print the entire
stack which is what you will find useful too.