Shane Dev wrote:
> 3. Last time I tried apt upgrade, my grub menu was replaced with the grub
> command prompted. If there any way to avoid this happening again?

  while testing has been fairly decent, once in a while
there are issues you may have to resolve via other means.

  if you are new enough to linux and Debian i do not
recommend using testing because once in a while you
may be stuck.

  are you running this system and expecting it to
always be available?

  what i do to make sure i have a booting system is
that i keep a stable partition and i also keep a
bootable USB stick.

  i did have to use these this past month or so.

  songbird