> However my main concern is with the linux partition. How can I migrate it?
> If I simply clone the linux partition from the old drive to the new drive,
> I fear something would go wrong, as the new drive is different and would
> require different drivers, missing in the original linux system.

I would expect the clone to work just fine.  I'd expect your initrd
contains drivers for both SATA and NVMe anyway.

But it's easy to check:

    zcat /boot/initrd.img-<VERSION> | cpio -vt | grep nvm

will show you the relevant files in the your initrd.
You should have about 10 of them inside ../kernel/drivers/nvme/ if your
initrd is ready to boot from an NVMe drive.

        Stefan