to...@tuxteam.de writes:
> On Wed, Aug 14, 2019 at 06:02:01PM +0000, loredana wrote:
> > On Wed, Aug 14, 2019 at 3:00 PM <to...@tuxteam.de> wrote:
> >=20
> > > [...]
> >=20
> > > Note that what Google calls there "less secure applications" is just
> > > marketing mumbo-jumbo to nudge users off their non-browser clients.
> >
> > I know. But knowing it, and perhaps blaiming it, is not a solution.
>
> Of course not. It's just noticing the problem. This is a prerequisite for
> the solution :-)
>
> > > Is changing mail provider an option for you?
> >0
> > Yes, not an easy one, 'though. Image writing to all your contacts,
> > human and automatic ones, and convince them to write to a new email
> > address.
> >
> > Moreover, is this going to be a solution?
>
> To some things, yes. To others, no :-)
>
> But at least expect a more "normal" IMAP access than Google offers...
>
> > Which provider would you suggest?
>
> Depends on where you are. Over here in Germany, I know a few good
> ones costing a small fee.
>
> Elsewhere, perhaps riseup [1] is an option. It's donation-funded,
> so consider throwing some small amount into their hat.
>
> Cheers
>
> [1] https://riseup.net/

Just thought I'd chime in here.  I've been redirecting all webmail (currently
gmail and my ISP) to a Fastmail¹ account for nearly ten years then using
fetchmail and nmh (+ emacs/mh-e at times) to read it with no problems.
Sending via their servers and a basic postfix installation here has been
reliable.

I don't know if their service meets the OPs needs but may be worth a look,
and they're pretty cheap for basic email.

Regards

Joe

¹https://www.fastmail.com

--
“Blood sacrifices keep the planet from eating your feet”
 -- Red